{KAN} Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

{KAN} Gaming

{KAN} HomeKAN HomepageHomeRegisterLog in

OMG!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ADW {KAN}
ADW {KAN}

Male Number of posts : 2044
City/Country : London, UK
  : Clan Leader
 : Server Admin
: Developer of the automatic garbage ejector.
Fav MP game : COD 4
Fav MP map : -
Fav SP game : -
Xfire : alandw
TeamSpeak : yes
Registration date : 2007-10-08

OMG! Empty
PostSubject: OMG!   OMG! EmptyFri 16 Jul 2010, 8:27 pm

What are these guys on?

Quote :
Wedbush Morgan Securities analyst Michael Pachter: Activision should charge for CoD
What?!?!?!

1st I should say Michael Pachter has missed the mark on so many other predictions/recommendations before but lets not let that stop us from posting what he has to say.

"...we think that the overall decline was due to a very large number of people playing multiplayer online games for free on PlayStation Network, and for an annual fee with unlimited game play on Xbox Live," Pachter noted. "We estimate that a total of 12 million consumers are playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 for an average of 10 hours per week on the two platforms’ respective networks, and the continued enjoyment of this game (along with an estimated 6 million Halo online players, 3 million EA Sports players, and 5 million players playing other games, such as Battlefield, Red Dead Redemption, Left 4 Dead and Grand Theft Auto) has sucked the available time away from what otherwise would be spent playing newly purchased games."

While Mr. Pachter may be out of touch, I have a feeling Activision loves this guy and will be trying to monetize their CoD MP very soon. Lets just hope it's not via Call of Duty Black Ops.

http://www.industrygamers.com/news/activision-must-start-charging-for-call-of-duty-online-play-says-pachter/
Back to top Go down
mraztec3{KAN}
mraztec3{KAN}

Male Number of posts : 485
City/Country : Starkville, USA
  : Clan Member, he hopes hes better at black ops than he was at l4d2, probably not though -)
Fav MP game : Rocket League, Overwatch, Quake Champions
Fav SP game : Cities, Horizon Zero Dawn
TeamSpeak : mraztec3
Registration date : 2009-03-18

OMG! Empty
PostSubject: Re: OMG!   OMG! EmptyFri 16 Jul 2010, 9:27 pm

Well we already know a petition will not do sh**, so lets just not buy it
Back to top Go down
ADW {KAN}
ADW {KAN}

OMG! Empty
PostSubject: Re: OMG!   OMG! EmptyFri 16 Jul 2010, 10:03 pm

mraztec3{KAN} wrote:
Well we already know a petition will not do sh**, so lets just not buy it

I still live in hope that black Ops will be a real PC game.

But really what planet is this guy on?

Quote :
has sucked the available time away from what otherwise would be spent playing newly purchased games
Back to top Go down

OMG! Empty
PostSubject: Re: OMG!   OMG! EmptyFri 16 Jul 2010, 11:17 pm

I'm convinced that at least in a SP to SP comparison medal of honor will totally own black ops ....now in MP who knows ...the beta..or alpha (cause let's be honest it was really more of an alpha) wasn't all that great, but that could also be b/c I really enjoy bc2 ...

I really don't see myself getting black ops but who knows
Back to top Go down
ADW {KAN}
ADW {KAN}

OMG! Empty
PostSubject: Re: OMG!   OMG! EmptyFri 16 Jul 2010, 11:20 pm

Baron O'Beefdip{KAN} wrote:
I'm convinced that at least in a SP to SP comparison medal of honor will totally own black ops ....now in MP who knows ...the beta..or alpha (cause let's be honest it was really more of an alpha) wasn't all that great, but that could also be b/c I really enjoy bc2 ...

I really don't see myself getting black ops but who knows

Personally I have no interest in SP, But have been playing the Medal of honor Beta (mp), its not bad at all.
Back to top Go down

OMG! Empty
PostSubject: Re: OMG!   OMG! EmptySat 17 Jul 2010, 12:17 am

I hated it ...it felt way to tight (as far as movement goes) and the tdm plays a lil too much like mw2 for my liking ...but I guess my tastes have changed or I've just been spoiled by the objective based bc2 play which I've grown to love ....if you don't work as a team you fail...no way around it.

Also the graphics were a lil subpar ...and don't say its cause its a beta. While it may be true its a beta don't forget the bc2 beta and the final product look almost the same..
And MoH MP is made by the same Dev team.
Back to top Go down

OMG! Empty
PostSubject: Re: OMG!   OMG! EmptySun 18 Jul 2010, 1:33 am

I hated it ...it felt way to tight (as far as movement goes) and the tdm plays a lil too much like mw2 for my liking ...but I guess my tastes have changed or I've just been spoiled by the objective based bc2 play which I've grown to love ....if you don't work as a team you fail...no way around it.

Also the graphics were a lil subpar ...and don't say its cause its a beta. While it may be true its a beta don't forget the bc2 beta and the final product look almost the same..
And MoH MP is made by the same Dev team.

Yeah I've heard nothing but bad things from people who have played it. Most are saying it's way too arcadey and camper friendly - similar to COD:MW2. I was so appalled by the MW multiplayer that I don't even feel like trying it out after hearing that :/ .
Back to top Go down
mraztec3{KAN}
mraztec3{KAN}

: Clan Member, he hopes hes better at black ops than he was at l4d2, probably not though -)

OMG! Empty
PostSubject: Re: OMG!   OMG! EmptySun 18 Jul 2010, 4:32 am

I popped in BC2 the other day because ADW was pestering me, and I was reminded that I didn't like it so much because of the base raping. Honestly, it's either the attackers steam through, or the defenders base rape. It doesn't feel balanced at all when I play. So on the subject of camping, there's my two cents.
Back to top Go down

OMG! Empty
PostSubject: Re: OMG!   OMG! EmptySun 18 Jul 2010, 7:37 am

mraztec3{KAN} wrote:
I popped in BC2 the other day because ADW was pestering me, and I was reminded that I didn't like it so much because of the base raping. Honestly, it's either the attackers steam through, or the defenders base rape. It doesn't feel balanced at all when I play. So on the subject of camping, there's my two cents.

i can totally see how that would piss you or anyone else off (as it does me aswell at times), but i also know thats fun to do it...aswell as a solid stradgey ....being that the attackers have to deal with you away from the objectives and thus tying up ppl and resources that would otherwise be used towards the objective...now i will go on record as to say that i personally only find nothing wrong with base raping AS LONG AS its past the first stage of the map AND its either a full OR close to full server......but thats just me

i'll also go on record saying that:

1. body armor is for noobs (maybe imbeing elitist but hey its how i feel...its no different than jugger)

2.m60+ magnum in HC is also noobish (or as BC2 vets seem to refer to it as "supernoob mode"

3.AN94 (tho a good gun) is WAY overused to the point that its annoying...to me anyway

4.using tanks,uavs,and attack helis in games of 4v4 or below is totally lame and cheap

5.(bringing me back to the main body of this post and speaking about uavs) base raping is the ONLY sure way to take those damn things down without worrying about it popping up again....kinfe the operator then c4 the terminal and then...heres the important part now...LEAVE THE SPAWN
6.base raping should be a kickable offense once half the or the entire team is doing it.....no more than 2-3 ppl

7.people who run around not noticing that someone has been yelling at them for 10min for ammo or health and somehow dont see the blinking icon on the map or above the persons head should be flogged. i mean seriously how oblivious can someone be? (this issue here pisses me off FAR quicker than base raping)

8.and speaking of flogging...what about when your in a squad as a recon and hiding in a bush picking people off and on a mad crazy streak and some a$$hole in your squad spawns on you as a medic and starting firing half way across the map like he expects to hit something, and some recon sees him then sees you and recognizes you as a bigger threat than him and kills you THEN him OMG! 633962 OMG! 830544 OMG! 728650 OMG! 728650

The Baron has spoken..... OMG! 696542
Back to top Go down
mraztec3{KAN}
mraztec3{KAN}

OMG! Empty
PostSubject: Re: OMG!   OMG! EmptySun 18 Jul 2010, 4:09 pm

I have to agree with you, Baron, on that it's more tolerable if it's just one or two guys coming into the spawn. I used to just sneak into enemy bases and steal the UAV and then while waiting for it to come back I'll shotty camp it (at a disadvantage due to video lag). But whenever I play it's the entire team that comes in, and that turns me way off. Guess it was overhyped for me.
Back to top Go down

OMG! Empty
PostSubject: Re: OMG!   OMG! EmptySun 18 Jul 2010, 6:08 pm

mraztec3{KAN} wrote:
I have to agree with you, Baron, on that it's more tolerable if it's just one or two guys coming into the spawn. I used to just sneak into enemy bases and steal the UAV and then while waiting for it to come back I'll shotty camp it (at a disadvantage due to video lag). But whenever I play it's the entire team that comes in, and that turns me way off. Guess it was overhyped for me.

Well then come in when im there Very Happy cause I don't let the whole team spawn camp. I start handing out warnings if they take it too far (such as stealing the attackers tank and spawn killing with it WHILE half the defending team is also running around spawn camping) and after 3 warnings I start kicking (ADW tell me if that's wrong or not. If it is i'll stop)

But I don't do anything if ADW is on ...I just let him take care of things ...sine you know he's all big boy on the block cheers tongue
Back to top Go down

OMG! Empty
PostSubject: Re: OMG!   OMG! EmptySun 18 Jul 2010, 10:26 pm

Personally I have yet to encounter a true instance of spawn raping even once. I can't say I've ever noticed a single enemy entering my base, he would be quickly slaughtered in most cases I feel.

The only instances that come close in games I have played in are as follows: Either the defending team on a rush map is dominating and pushes up close to the attacking team spawn (but not inside) to fence them in (which to me is a perfectly legitimate and highly effective tactic), OR when the attacking team has destroyed the comms and the base moves back, I'll stick around and camp somewhere in the old base and pick off a few enemies who are not expecting to see opposition so far up the map since those comms stations were destroyed.

Neither of these two tactics has ever bothered me in the slightest when I've been on the receiving end. I only play on full of near full servers though - perhaps spawn raping is more common in quieter servers (I would definitely find it very difficult to make it into the enemy base in a full 32 player server).

In fact the only things I can say truly annoy me on a regular basis (mentally challenged medics aside) would be Carl Gustav whores and n00b tubers.
Back to top Go down

OMG! Empty
PostSubject: Re: OMG!   OMG! EmptySun 18 Jul 2010, 11:04 pm

Mayor_McCheese wrote:
Personally I have yet to encounter a true instance of spawn raping even once. I can't say I've ever noticed a single enemy entering my base, he would be quickly slaughtered in most cases I feel.

The only instances that come close in games I have played in are as follows: Either the defending team on a rush map is dominating and pushes up close to the attacking team spawn (but not inside) to fence them in (which to me is a perfectly legitimate and highly effective tactic), OR when the attacking team has destroyed the comms and the base moves back, I'll stick around and camp somewhere in the old base and pick off a few enemies who are not expecting to see opposition so far up the map since those comms stations were destroyed.

Neither of these two tactics has ever bothered me in the slightest when I've been on the receiving end. I only play on full of near full servers though - perhaps spawn raping is more common in quieter servers (I would definitely find it very difficult to make it into the enemy base in a full 32 player server).

In fact the only things I can say truly annoy me on a regular basis (mentally challenged medics aside) would be Carl Gustav whores and n00b tubers.

OMG don't get me started on cg n00bs

but as for noob tubers go...I don't mind them so much (until I get killed for the 3rd time by the same guy with a noob tube with explosive upgrade)
The truth is the nade launcher is needed in the game more than in COD

For instance ...

Ever fly in a heli and see someone running into a building to disarm an mcomm, so you bail out, hit your chute, take out the launcher, blow a hole in the roof land through the hole into the house only to see you land right in front of his face then knife him up close and personal? ....total PWNage

Oh and btw.... Jacked ROFL ROFL
Back to top Go down

OMG! Empty
PostSubject: Re: OMG!   OMG! EmptyMon 19 Jul 2010, 2:07 am

OMG don't get me started on cg n00bs

but as for noob tubers go...I don't mind them so much (until I get killed for the 3rd time by the same guy with a noob tube with explosive upgrade)
The truth is the nade launcher is needed in the game more than in COD

For instance ...

Ever fly in a heli and see someone running into a building to disarm an mcomm, so you bail out, hit your chute, take out the launcher, blow a hole in the roof land through the hole into the house only to see you land right in front of his face then knife him up close and personal? ....total PWNage

Oh and btw.... Jacked ROFL ROFL

Yeah I don't really have a problem with the nade launcher really. I'm working on getting good with it so that I have an equal chance of doing the same to those guys as they often do to me. They definitely have a fair quota on the potential-for-awesomeness scale. However with rocket launchers, if they took drastic action in the next patch like making them do half damage to infantry to stop CG sniping and the like, I wouldn't mind a bit. It's just so annoyingly unrealistic having engineers charging round with Gustavs and blowing you up before you have a chance to zero your crosshairs in on them.
Back to top Go down
mraztec3{KAN}
mraztec3{KAN}

OMG! Empty
PostSubject: Re: OMG!   OMG! EmptyMon 19 Jul 2010, 4:29 am

I've aways liked having high Missile damage. It doesn't make sense that you can hit someone with a tank shell and they don't die, but you can hit them with a missile and it's a one hit kill. Instead of nerfing the CG (it was made for urban warfare, AT4 and RPG-7 makes sense to nerf), they should buff the tank shell against infantry.
Back to top Go down

OMG! Empty
PostSubject: Re: OMG!   OMG! EmptyMon 19 Jul 2010, 6:44 am

mraztec3{KAN} wrote:
I've aways liked having high Missile damage. It doesn't make sense that you can hit someone with a tank shell and they don't die, but you can hit them with a missile and it's a one hit kill. Instead of nerfing the CG (it was made for urban warfare, AT4 and RPG-7 makes sense to nerf), they should buff the tank shell against infantry.

doubtful ...look at what they did to the attack heli gun cause so many people said it was over powered

instead of one or two hits from it, it now takes a whole damn burst to kill someone with it..

if they beefed up the tank i guarentee alot of people would whine about it (rather than adjust thier bras, suck it up, and be ontop of destroying tanks when they appear on the battlefield rather than letting them go unchecked and free to wreak havok)

now im not sure, but it seems that alot of the people that do whine about those things are "those guys" from MW2 who will bitch and moan at the drop of a hat...

i actually encountered one of them earlier tonight accusing me of botting cause i headshotted him on isla innocentes from the "sniper hill" infront of the first spawn and he was at the second base.... as if thats hard to do...(and im capable of MUCH MUCH further distance headshots)
Back to top Go down

OMG! Empty
PostSubject: Re: OMG!   OMG! EmptyMon 19 Jul 2010, 2:46 pm

It's the main reason I tend to prefer being gunner rather than driver in tanks. I seem to have very little luck scoring kills without the warhead upgrade, and as gunner I will often outnumber the kills of the driver by 2:1 or more. The main gun does need a buff imo but I'm not sure it will ever happen. On the plus side my next vehicle unlock is the alt weapon upgrade so maybe with that I'll be able to do more as driver - I definitely miss having the RMB machine gun that tanks had in BF2.
Back to top Go down

OMG! Empty
PostSubject: Re: OMG!   OMG! EmptyTue 20 Jul 2010, 2:57 am

Mayor_McCheese wrote:
It's the main reason I tend to prefer being gunner rather than driver in tanks. I seem to have very little luck scoring kills without the warhead upgrade, and as gunner I will often outnumber the kills of the driver by 2:1 or more. The main gun does need a buff imo but I'm not sure it will ever happen. On the plus side my next vehicle unlock is the alt weapon upgrade so maybe with that I'll be able to do more as driver - I definitely miss having the RMB machine gun that tanks had in BF2.

you only get 2:1 cause the driver aint me OMG! Icon_cool OMG! Lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

OMG! Empty
PostSubject: Re: OMG!   OMG! Empty

Back to top Go down

OMG!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
{KAN} Forum :: Public Forum :: Public General Chat-
Jump to: