{KAN} Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

{KAN} Gaming

{KAN} HomeKAN HomepageHomeRegisterLog in

QUALITY NOT QUANTITY

Go down 
+2
Mono {KAN}
my little friend
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Lady of Winter {KAN}
Queen of the P90 - shooter of the AK47. Claymore expert
Lady of Winter {KAN}

Female Number of posts : 1730
City/Country : Earth (is not a country it´s a planet)
  : Pretty in Pink
: Handy with a Whip
: Frau Boss
Fav MP game : Naked Volleyball and Twister.
Fav MP map : BOG!!!
I miss BOG!!

Fav SP game : LOL
Xfire : ladyofwinter
TeamSpeak : 1st Lady {KAN}
Registration date : 2008-03-15

QUALITY NOT QUANTITY Empty
PostSubject: QUALITY NOT QUANTITY   QUALITY NOT QUANTITY EmptyWed 21 Jan 2009, 3:54 pm

Beastie,
You made a post about this that it is, "Quality, and not Quantity, that counts." These are wise words. I think they are worth repeating here in the public forum for all to see.

Often times people mistake large numbers of things, i.e, individuals, as some sort of success. But with large numbers, things can get lost, voices can be silenced.

There are some very quality people here in {KAN}, and yes, some of us do fall short...but thank heaven for the good members of {KAN} that keep us grounded.

Outsiders may not agree but that's OK. There are many of us here with staying power, that intend to stick it out through good times, and bad. And although we may not agree with everything, we realize that we are a part of something very special. Something that is worth being loyal to.

I don't want to be bigger, I just want to be a better person.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kanclan.com
BEASTIE {KAN}
Despot KAN
Despot KAN
BEASTIE {KAN}

Male Number of posts : 2988
City/Country : Essex, UK
  : Clan Founder
: Clan Leader
: Mister smarty pants & a joke as l4d2 player

Fav MP game : L4D2
Fav SP game : DOOM 3
Xfire : beastbeastbeast
TeamSpeak : wimp
Registration date : 2007-10-05

PostSubject: Re: QUALITY NOT QUANTITY   QUALITY NOT QUANTITY EmptyWed 21 Jan 2009, 4:01 pm

yes your right low, it does deserve public viewing

you may have noticed not many members joining lately

i have now been playing protential members many times before i ask them to join (i'm referring to members i've asked)

i have noticed though people who i thought would be cool members have infact been abusive people ingame who hate to lose.

so thats how kan will work from now one

if we only let one member in every 6 months, so be it, you dont have to be big to be best Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: QUALITY NOT QUANTITY   QUALITY NOT QUANTITY EmptyWed 21 Jan 2009, 4:45 pm

Lady of Winter {KAN} wrote:
Beastie,
You made a post about this that it is, "Quality, and not Quantity, that counts." These are wise words. I think they are worth repeating here in the public forum for all to see.

Often times people mistake large numbers of things, i.e, individuals, as some sort of success. But with large numbers, things can get lost, voices can be silenced.

There are some very quality people here in {KAN}, and yes, some of us do fall short...but thank heaven for the good members of {KAN} that keep us grounded.

Outsiders may not agree but that's OK. There are many of us here with staying power, that intend to stick it out through good times, and bad. And although we may not agree with everything, we realize that we are a part of something very special. Something that is worth being loyal to.

I don't want to be bigger, I just want to be a better person.
what you have said to me very wise and ture words n1 lady Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: QUALITY NOT QUANTITY   QUALITY NOT QUANTITY EmptyWed 21 Jan 2009, 4:57 pm

LOW and Beastie: You are both so right, again I agree to 100 percent. I'm glad it came to this discussion. Sometimes I wondered about the rapid increase of members within a short time... selection was perhaps not strict enough. It's really quality that counts, and I'm feeling good within this small group of members that are friendly, honest, intelligent and loyal. Those who want to leave... let them go, it doesn't count, it just makes our clan more exclusive Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Guess Wh

PostSubject: Re: QUALITY NOT QUANTITY   QUALITY NOT QUANTITY EmptyWed 21 Jan 2009, 5:08 pm

nice words lady!
Back to top Go down
Guess wh

PostSubject: Re: QUALITY NOT QUANTITY   QUALITY NOT QUANTITY EmptyWed 21 Jan 2009, 8:06 pm

I actually disagree with you!
Back to top Go down
my little friend
{KAN} Guest
my little friend

Male Number of posts : 1464
City/Country : london uk
Fav MP game : riding tandem(me on the back)
Fav MP map : london a-z
Fav SP game : birdwatching
Xfire : never
TeamSpeak : english....the queens
Registration date : 2008-08-10

PostSubject: Re: QUALITY NOT QUANTITY   QUALITY NOT QUANTITY EmptyWed 21 Jan 2009, 8:15 pm

well said people!!
small can be beautiful,more intimate and overall more satisfying to be part of.lets end this proactive recruiting and just appreciate what we already have, a great group of people who get on well QUALITY NOT QUANTITY 82527
cheers Hug QUALITY NOT QUANTITY 807198
Back to top Go down
Mono {KAN}
Mono {KAN}

Male Number of posts : 3177
City/Country : Stockholm Sweden
  : Moderator
: Forum Admin
: Raqe quitters anonymous
Fav MP map : N/A
Fav SP game : N/A
Xfire : U R Xfired!!!
TeamSpeak : I'm too shy

PostSubject: Re: QUALITY NOT QUANTITY   QUALITY NOT QUANTITY EmptyWed 21 Jan 2009, 8:32 pm

Anonymous cowards always disagrees - it's in there nature, if they had b@lls perhaps they even got respect.

Watch the movie 300, that is what KAN is all about, a few selected (good looking) people with high standards, wants privacy, treats guests with respect and dont take $hit from anyone.
Back to top Go down
Mono {KAN}
Mono {KAN}

PostSubject: Re: QUALITY NOT QUANTITY   QUALITY NOT QUANTITY EmptyThu 22 Jan 2009, 6:01 am

On request I open this thread again, keep it decent folks no no
Back to top Go down
Lady of Winter {KAN}
Lady of Winter {KAN}

I miss BOG!!

PostSubject: Re: QUALITY NOT QUANTITY   QUALITY NOT QUANTITY EmptyThu 22 Jan 2009, 10:27 am

Guess wh wrote:
I actually disagree with you!

Nothing wrong with disagreeing. That is the beauty of free will, you don't have to agree with something you don't believe in.
Back to top Go down
Guess Wh

PostSubject: Re: QUALITY NOT QUANTITY   QUALITY NOT QUANTITY EmptyThu 22 Jan 2009, 5:54 pm

so your saying that smaller clan makes a better clan?

sooner or later you will get tired of each other, am i right?

you cant stick to the same people over and over. Look what the ewz clan did, there clan is getting bigger and bigger. and they have it under controle. You cant just give up on recruiting.

If you stop recruiting, KAN is done.
Back to top Go down
my little friend
{KAN} Guest
my little friend

Male Number of posts : 1464
City/Country : london uk
Fav MP game : riding tandem(me on the back)
Fav MP map : london a-z
Fav SP game : birdwatching
Xfire : never
TeamSpeak : english....the queens
Registration date : 2008-08-10

PostSubject: Re: QUALITY NOT QUANTITY   QUALITY NOT QUANTITY EmptyThu 22 Jan 2009, 6:08 pm

Guess Wh wrote:

you cant stick to the same people over and over. Look what the ewz clan did, there clan is getting bigger and bigger. and they have it under controle. You cant just give up on recruiting.

no one said we would stop recruiting,just that we wouldnt make it a priority and we will become more selective in who we let in,maybe take a bit more time to get to know people ingame ect,anyway i aint being tied down by this argument,we all like it how it is and thats that,we dont have to justify it to anybody,last post from me on this
Back to top Go down
BEASTIE {KAN}
Despot KAN
Despot KAN
BEASTIE {KAN}

PostSubject: Re: QUALITY NOT QUANTITY   QUALITY NOT QUANTITY EmptyThu 22 Jan 2009, 6:10 pm

it is not to rule

with most big clans as i have found myself you cant get control of all

i have met people in other clans and including this one who on the face of it are nice guys, but when no other clan member is around they become there true self and are just plain asses

take a look at 10-78 clan, they are probably more active than us all, constantly on ts, constantly playing and ppl fighting to join and there limit is 35 members

but you are free to disagree
Back to top Go down
Mono {KAN}
Mono {KAN}

PostSubject: Re: QUALITY NOT QUANTITY   QUALITY NOT QUANTITY EmptyThu 22 Jan 2009, 6:19 pm

The first question you have to ask yourself is: why do I play?

is it for competition, then perhaps a big clan is good for you

is it for the fun of it, then I think its better to be around a chosen few that share your valuation and not only the hype to be in a clan
Back to top Go down
Lady of Winter {KAN}
Lady of Winter {KAN}

I miss BOG!!

PostSubject: Re: QUALITY NOT QUANTITY   QUALITY NOT QUANTITY EmptyThu 22 Jan 2009, 6:43 pm

Guess Wh wrote:

I am really not concerned as to how EWZ runs its clan. If it works for them, so be it. And I think you are losing site of the main purpose of this community - it is a gaming community. We are not trying to take over the world here. I am comfortable in the fact that we may be more selective in our screening process of candidates. So, we are not giving up on recruiting at all - just being more careful with the process.

Also, do not lose sight of the fact that {KAN} members interact daily with many members from different clans as well. Whether it be here on the forum, or on Xfire, Steam or other chat/game mediums.

Bigger is not always necessarily better. But thank you for your input. I enjoy a productive discussion.
Back to top Go down
Guess Wh

PostSubject: Re: QUALITY NOT QUANTITY   QUALITY NOT QUANTITY EmptyThu 22 Jan 2009, 7:35 pm

im not trying to offend anyone here, but the more member, the more fun you guys are going to have.

Why dont we always be friendly? You will probally hate me if i tell who I am. Im friendly right now, look what happens. Everyone else is friendly. Why don't you guys just be friends with EWZ. Pile had a fight with guys again...Some of your members already left this clan and came to EWZ because of all the banning stuff you guys do.

anyways....i said the things i wanted to say.

see ya!

*no offensive to anyone to this clan*
Back to top Go down
ADW {KAN}
ADW {KAN}

Male Number of posts : 2044
City/Country : London, UK
 : Server Admin
: Developer of the automatic garbage ejector.
Fav MP game : COD 4
Fav MP map : -
Fav SP game : -
Xfire : alandw
TeamSpeak : yes
Registration date : 2007-10-08

PostSubject: Re: QUALITY NOT QUANTITY   QUALITY NOT QUANTITY EmptyThu 22 Jan 2009, 7:49 pm

What "banning stuff" are you talking about?
Back to top Go down
BEASTIE {KAN}
Despot KAN
Despot KAN
BEASTIE {KAN}

PostSubject: Re: QUALITY NOT QUANTITY   QUALITY NOT QUANTITY EmptyThu 22 Jan 2009, 7:59 pm

i dont want a response to this, but people are banned for a reason.

please left it at that
Back to top Go down
Lady of Winter {KAN}
Lady of Winter {KAN}

I miss BOG!!

PostSubject: Re: QUALITY NOT QUANTITY   QUALITY NOT QUANTITY EmptyThu 22 Jan 2009, 8:13 pm

Guess Wh wrote:
im not trying to offend anyone here, but the more member, the more fun you guys are going to have.

Why dont we always be friendly? You will probally hate me if i tell who I am. Im friendly right now, look what happens. Everyone else is friendly. Why don't you guys just be friends with EWZ. Pile had a fight with guys again...Some of your members already left this clan and came to EWZ because of all the banning stuff you guys do.

see ya!

No offense taken. But just so we are clear - What happens in EWZ is their business. If their clan is successful, I am happy for them. This post is not about them or how they run their clan. So let us not get into some debate about something that does not concern us {KAN}s. And you misrepresent your statement by saying we should be friends of EWZ. Many of us do have friends that are in EWZ and some of us, including myself, visit the forum to say hello. I like Magoo EWZ very much as well as pile and Rabid.

In regards to pile - he is not here to defend himself and I am certain you do not speak on his behalf. It is not relevant to this post. If {KAN}s left to join another clan, I truly wish them the best. Perhaps they wanted to be a part of something different. There is nothing wrong with that.

The issue is QUALITY and not QUANTITY - if we can stick to the topic, we can have a very productive discussion. To bring up another clan to add validity to your statement is truly a moot point. No offense.

Thank you for your previous response and I look forward to your reply.
Back to top Go down
Guess Wh

PostSubject: Re: QUALITY NOT QUANTITY   QUALITY NOT QUANTITY EmptyThu 22 Jan 2009, 8:19 pm

thank you lady.
Back to top Go down
Guess Wh

PostSubject: Re: QUALITY NOT QUANTITY   QUALITY NOT QUANTITY EmptyThu 22 Jan 2009, 8:23 pm

i respect all the things you guys just said. Now that everything is clear. I wish to tell who i am.

I am Raptors. Im already banned from your forum and servers. So you cant really banned me anymore further. lol

Thanks LOW,

Raptor :)

**if i told you at the begining who i am, you probally deleted my posts. and im guessing your going to delete this too.**
Back to top Go down
Mono {KAN}
Mono {KAN}

PostSubject: Re: QUALITY NOT QUANTITY   QUALITY NOT QUANTITY EmptyThu 22 Jan 2009, 8:34 pm

No, we knew it was you all along, it's very easy to recognize peoples typing.....and I must bring up the subject of friends (even if it's OT in this thread)

"Why don't you guys just be friends with EWZ"

Most of us human beings choose our friends

Action and Reaction, no one like to pat a dog that bites you

The silverback has spoken
Back to top Go down
Rappy

PostSubject: Re: QUALITY NOT QUANTITY   QUALITY NOT QUANTITY EmptyThu 22 Jan 2009, 8:56 pm

damn, i better change my writing style. lol

anyways...whatever you say.
Back to top Go down
Lady of Winter {KAN}
Lady of Winter {KAN}

I miss BOG!!

PostSubject: Re: QUALITY NOT QUANTITY   QUALITY NOT QUANTITY EmptyThu 22 Jan 2009, 9:11 pm

Rappy wrote:
damn, i better change my writing style. lol

anyways...whatever you say.

If we can keep the topics on point and discuss in a civil manner, I venture to say no posts would be removed from forum. Raptor, I enjoyed the input you provided. Good discussion folks!
Back to top Go down
Raptors

PostSubject: Re: QUALITY NOT QUANTITY   QUALITY NOT QUANTITY EmptyThu 22 Jan 2009, 9:13 pm

thanks lady,

ok

BACK TO TOPIC.

im going to play CS, anyone up for it?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: QUALITY NOT QUANTITY   QUALITY NOT QUANTITY EmptyFri 23 Jan 2009, 1:48 am

Guess Wh wrote:

see ya!

...Some of your members already left this clan and came to EWZ because of all the banning stuff you guys do.
That is to much you are getting very rude!

raptors enough is enough leave them alone! Suspect QUALITY NOT QUANTITY 633962
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: QUALITY NOT QUANTITY   QUALITY NOT QUANTITY EmptyFri 23 Jan 2009, 1:57 am

Guess Wh wrote:
i respect all the things you guys just said. Now that everything is clear. I wish to tell who i am.

I am Raptors. Im already banned from your forum and servers. So you cant really banned me anymore further. lol

Thanks LOW,

Raptor :)

**if i told you at the begining who i am, you probally deleted my posts. and im guessing your going to delete this too.**
\

They knew it was you they can tell by your IP. btw your IP does not change when your connecting on the same modem!
Back to top Go down
Raptors

PostSubject: Re: QUALITY NOT QUANTITY   QUALITY NOT QUANTITY EmptyFri 23 Jan 2009, 2:20 am

i will leave them alone unit.
Back to top Go down
Mono {KAN}
Mono {KAN}

PostSubject: Re: QUALITY NOT QUANTITY   QUALITY NOT QUANTITY EmptyFri 23 Jan 2009, 6:34 am

So far there are NP, keep the discusion going Up
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: QUALITY NOT QUANTITY   QUALITY NOT QUANTITY EmptyFri 23 Jan 2009, 11:39 am

Raptors wrote:
i will leave them alone unit.

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
skinman {kan}
skinman {kan}

Male Number of posts : 3169
City/Country : over here
  : Clan Member

Fav MP game : left 4 dead.
left4dead2.

TeamSpeak : yes.
Registration date : 2008-05-04

PostSubject: quality not quantity   QUALITY NOT QUANTITY EmptyFri 23 Jan 2009, 12:49 pm

I have watched this topic with great
Interest..and listened to both sides
of the argument

I think the most Important thing
about the clan or any other group
of people is friendship.

Without that there is nothing.

Building friendship takes time
friends must be flexible for it to
continue.

Friendship is not a state of mind
It's an act...It's something you
do...It's not whether you're good
or not.

I feel that some non {kan}
members who play are not
Interested in anyone but
themselves and have no remorse
in anythihg they say that might
hurt or upset another player.

They wouldn't get away with that
sort of behavior outside in the
real world...so why should it be
tolerated in-game.

So I agree there should be a
transition period before someone
is allowed into the clan

KAN
Back to top Go down
http://john.devine77@ntlworld.com
Raptors

PostSubject: Re: QUALITY NOT QUANTITY   QUALITY NOT QUANTITY EmptyFri 23 Jan 2009, 1:51 pm

but how about trust and respect?

if you dont trust and respect each other...there is going to be serious problems.

specially trust is really important. EWZ clan didnt trust me at the begining when i left KAN and went to EWZ. As time past on, I showed all the memebrs of EWZ respect and they trusted me. and i also trust them.

and im showing respect to you guys right now.
Back to top Go down
Raptors

PostSubject: Re: QUALITY NOT QUANTITY   QUALITY NOT QUANTITY EmptyFri 23 Jan 2009, 1:52 pm

btw, skinman, i love your signature lol
Back to top Go down
skinman {kan}
skinman {kan}

Male Number of posts : 3169
City/Country : over here
  : Clan Member

Fav MP game : left 4 dead.
left4dead2.

TeamSpeak : yes.
Registration date : 2008-05-04

PostSubject: quality not quantity   QUALITY NOT QUANTITY EmptyFri 23 Jan 2009, 4:46 pm

Raptors wrote:
but how about trust and respect?

if you dont trust and respect each other...there is going to be serious problems.

specially trust is really important. EWZ clan didnt trust me at the begining when i left KAN and went to EWZ. As time past on, I showed all the memebrs of EWZ respect and they trusted me. and i also trust them.

and im showing respect to you guys right now.

hi again raptors..

As with friendship-trust and
respect must be earned.

I think personally...trust is
a difficult thing to define and
can only be based on past
experience with the persons
involved.

As you say...E.W.Z. didn't
trust you at first (they must
have had their own reasons
for doing so)...you had to
prove that you didn't have
alterior motives...before they
accepted you.

I think {KAN} are saying the
same thing...all we ask for
is a mutual respect.

If you want to be part of our
clan all you need is a little
more patience and you no
doubt would be accepted.

All good things are worth
waiting for.
Up
KAN
Back to top Go down
http://john.devine77@ntlworld.com
Lady of Winter {KAN}
Lady of Winter {KAN}

I miss BOG!!

PostSubject: Re: QUALITY NOT QUANTITY   QUALITY NOT QUANTITY EmptyFri 23 Jan 2009, 5:21 pm

@ skinman {KAN} - Absolutely brilliant post(s). cheers
Back to top Go down
raptorsl

PostSubject: Re: QUALITY NOT QUANTITY   QUALITY NOT QUANTITY EmptyFri 23 Jan 2009, 7:18 pm

thank you skinman!

btw,

look what i found,

Back to top Go down
Raptors

PostSubject: Re: QUALITY NOT QUANTITY   QUALITY NOT QUANTITY EmptyFri 23 Jan 2009, 7:21 pm

i cant host images?

anyway, i saw this guy in 1.3.1.

in server .9gw server1

name: "Kan is very gay"

he tired to kick me when i was kicking his ass. and he was swearing all the time.

i can showed to you because i got a screenshot of it.

just warning you guys...
Back to top Go down
Herr Rot

PostSubject: Re: QUALITY NOT QUANTITY   QUALITY NOT QUANTITY EmptyFri 23 Jan 2009, 10:29 pm

Ich habe auch einen Blick auf dieses Thema, obwohl es die persönliche Entscheidung ein Gleichgewicht ist notwendig, um die besten Ergebnisse.

Als übermäßig cautios ist nicht gut, aber weder wird zu sorglos, so stellen Sie sicher, dass Sie das Gleichgewicht, das für Sie und halten Sie es mit Cool
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: QUALITY NOT QUANTITY   QUALITY NOT QUANTITY EmptySat 24 Jan 2009, 12:39 am

Raptors wrote:
i cant host images?

in server .9gw server1

he tired to kick me when i was kicking his ass. and he was swearing all the time.

just warning you guys...

some people just dont learn, do they, it just a game QUALITY NOT QUANTITY 633962 , but thx for telling us raptor Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: QUALITY NOT QUANTITY   QUALITY NOT QUANTITY EmptySat 24 Jan 2009, 12:41 am

Herr Rot wrote:
Ich habe auch einen Blick auf dieses Thema, obwohl es die persönliche Entscheidung ein Gleichgewicht ist notwendig, um die besten Ergebnisse.

Als übermäßig cautios ist nicht gut, aber weder wird zu sorglos, so stellen Sie sicher, dass Sie das Gleichgewicht, das für Sie und halten Sie es mit Cool

Translation: "I also have a look at this issue, although it is the personal decision is a balance needed to get the best results.

As an overly cautios is not good, but neither is too careless, so make sure you have the balance for you and keep it with"
Back to top Go down
Lady of Winter {KAN}
Lady of Winter {KAN}

I miss BOG!!

PostSubject: Re: QUALITY NOT QUANTITY   QUALITY NOT QUANTITY EmptySat 24 Jan 2009, 3:42 am

PHOBOS{KAN} wrote:
Raptors wrote:
i cant host images?

in server .9gw server1

just warning you guys...

some people just dont learn, do they, it just a game QUALITY NOT QUANTITY 633962 , but thx for telling us raptor Very Happy

I have seen that name before as well. I believe it is someone that got beat by KAGE {KAN} (AKA our Dukester) and could not handle being whooped. Ah well...they will grow up and grow out of it (one can hope).
Back to top Go down
RaptorsL

PostSubject: Re: QUALITY NOT QUANTITY   QUALITY NOT QUANTITY EmptySat 24 Jan 2009, 6:31 pm

@mr.nice guy, GG! lol

too bad those little noobs kept ruining the game.
Back to top Go down
{EWZ} od

PostSubject: Re: QUALITY NOT QUANTITY   QUALITY NOT QUANTITY EmptySat 24 Jan 2009, 7:35 pm

peace friendship Up works for me guys and girls

peace Agree
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: QUALITY NOT QUANTITY   QUALITY NOT QUANTITY EmptySun 25 Jan 2009, 11:17 am

In my opinion this is not a matter of trust nor friendship. This is a matter of respect. Friendship olny comes through respect of one-another...

Thats my thought
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: QUALITY NOT QUANTITY   QUALITY NOT QUANTITY Empty

Back to top Go down

QUALITY NOT QUANTITY
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
{KAN} Forum :: Public Forum :: Public General Chat-
Jump to: